Monday, June 21, 2010

Hailey Brooke

I thought I should update and let everyone know what is going on with our Hailey Brooke. She is doing good. She has her ups and downs which the doc told us would happen. She has Henoch-Schonlein purpura or HSP. It all started a couple weeks ago when she had major leg cramps in the middle of the night. She cried for 40 min. then she could hardly walk the next day. We had to carry her most of the time. This lasted for a week. We went to the doc 4 times doing blood work and trying to figure out what was wrong. Well Wends. John finally went with us to doc and they couldn't figure anything out yet. On the way home she all at once broke out with red spots and blotches on her legs. After we were home not even an hour she was in pain again arms, legs and this time severe stomach cramps. We waited and tried to comfort her but she started running fever also. So I called doc at home and he said NOW he knows what it is. HSP. He said if the stomach pains and fever did not let up in a couple hours to bring her in. Well they didn't and she started vomiting. So we went to hospital and they kept her. She was in lots of pain which was soooo hard to watch. It is our baby!! It was such a scary experience. God was with us and so many prayers were felt. FINALLY the pain was less and she could rest. Thank You God!! He is wonderful. Now she is doing well she is on Steroids for the inflamation of her joints and stomach cramps. She gets tired real easy and her blood pressure has been spiking some, but normal today again. Which doc said is expected because it is affecting her kidney's. Blood and protien in the urine. This is the main concern for the doc, because their is a risk of long term kidney damage with this virus. Doc told us today again that with this virus you think they are better and then they get worse again back and forth for awhile. But I know God can heal her and we will trust him and try to be a peace with all of this. God has a plan and we will accept whatever comes. Thank you for all your prayers and cards and gifts!! God Bless you all!

9 comments:

Courtney, Jeff, Ayla & Leah said...

Oh heavens! I had no clue. I bet that was really scarey. Sounds like the worst may be behind you now. Keep loving on her and she'll be in our prayers. :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for Hailey that she will be back to herself soon.. Praying for you guys too..

Leah Robinson said...

Praying!!

Unknown said...

We are keeping you all in our prayers. Hope she gets to feeling lots better soon:)

Audrey said...

Praying for you all! Shawn just told me over the weekend, I had no idea! Hope she feels better soon!

Abbie said...

I'm so sorry to hear this - I had heard that she was sick but I wasn't sure what was going on:( I hope she is feeling better soon - this must have been so scary for all of you! You will all be in my prayers!

-Abbie

Jill said...

I saw on Facebook that Hailey was sick but I didn't know what was going on. How long does this generally last?

I'll be praying for her and your family! I'm sure it's really hard on you!

Tera said...

We've been praying for her! Hope she is feeling great again soon!!

Ashley said...

I had no idea what exactly was going on....just knew Hailey was sick. I feel so sorry that she had to go through all of that. Just breaks my heart! I have been praying and will continue. I hope she STAYS feeling better:)